Diner Dash: Sizzle & Serve is a 2007 strategy and time-management video game developed by PlayFirst and published by Eidos Interactive for the Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable.
It is the first remake of the original Diner Dash of the Diner Dash series with a different art style (redrawn separates) in more or a chibi/cutey manner compared to the original and original unique music among other differences. The game features and plot premise are generally the same as the original game.
Generally the same plot premise as Diner Dash
Gameplay is generally the same as the original game, however, controls were adapted for he PlayStation Portable to be usable with the trigger buttons, d-pad and circular buttons.
The Nintendo DS (which features touch controls in the bottom display and an expanded HUD in the upper display).
- Graphics were redrawn for characters and levels.
- Music was changed, the main track was remixed and new tracks were added for each stage; unlike the original game which had 2 tracks for all restaurants/level. Such as the Flo's Mexican having Mexican music and Indian Restaurant having an Indian themed music.
- Diners were changed drastically, 2 having been replaced; Flo's Tiki Palacewas replaced with Flo's Mexican and Chez Flo was replaced with Retro.
- Players have the ability to choose what kind of upgrades they want to have for the Diners, unlike the original which had fixed automatic upgrades.
- There is a competitive multiplayer mode.
- More customer types